Today is Monday, March 29, 2021. Here in Chicago, so many buds, so many new signs of spring and life, so much to appreciate and enjoy. The sun seems brighter.
Finding meaning this March. March marks the one-year mark for the Daily Gift of Vitality (DGoV). This month, we have been exploring and connecting with what is meaningful. Let’s finish the month with a focus on making meaning out of it all.
Today, take a moment to review or write down what you learned from this month about what is meaningful to you. Return to this summary, add to it, reflect on it at regular intervals to anchor you. We started the month with journaling prompts and then shifted to expanding our hearts and minds through connection and new experiences.
- March 1 Reflecting on important events.
- March 3 Completing “I feel…” statements.
- March 5 Being curious about joy.
- March 8 Reflecting on “can do” physical activities.
- March 10 Reflecting on physical activities and connection.
- March 12 Planning physical activity with weather changes.
- March 15 Connect with acquaintances.
- March 17 Connect with loved ones.
- March 19 Connect with you.
- March 22 Expand what you enjoy.
- March 24 Engage in a new sensory experience.
- March 26 Explore a new hobby.
Photos by: Susan Chubinskaya
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. We share our humaneness. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Jeffrey J. Fox: “Everybody is somebody’s somebody.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Now, shrug your shoulders up and down multiple times and let your arms dangle.
- Shake out or jiggle your legs.
- Reach your arms overhead and stretch up and out.
- Gently bring your chin down and to each side, smile the largest smile ever, and allow yourself to be re-energized.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP
One thought on “Monday, March 29”