Today is Monday, March 1, 2021. Start of the week, taking time to pause and look at the sky, look at any trees, shrubs, plants around, noticing the details.
Finding meaning this March. March marks the one-year mark for the Daily Gift of Vitality (DGoV). Being curious offers opportunities to explore meaning. This week, we offer prompts for journaling, to unleash your curiosity to find meaning.
- What were some of the most important events in your life that had a positive impact on you or someone else?
- What made those moments important to you?
- What made it possible?
Photo by: Pascal Debrunner
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. We share our humaneness. Together, we can do great things.”
Consider the inspirational quote by Khalil Gibran, “Progress is not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to calm your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Imagine your head is gently supporting and dangling your neck and shoulders.
- Notice your shoulders release and your posture straighten.
- Glide with a relaxed torso as you walk with head high, and shoulders and neck free.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP
One thought on “Monday, March 1”