Today is Friday, March 26, 2021. Tree buds in the Spring, bring the beauty of flowers and leaves that we get to enjoy!
Finding meaning this March. March marks the one-year mark for the Daily Gift of Vitality (DGoV). This month, we explore and connect with what is meaningful. Weather changes motivate readjustments and resets. Let’s continue to focus this week on making meaningful connections.
Be curious about finding meaning through new experiences. Being curious allows us to observe fully and see things differently.
- Star gaze.
- Fly a kite.
- Watch a new sport.
- Try a new exercise routine.
- Read or listen to a book from another time or translated from another language.
Photo by: Robert Thiemann
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. We share our humaneness. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Steve Jobs: “Much of what I stumbled into by following my curiosity and intuition turned out to be priceless later on.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to calm your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Be curious about the effects of Belly Breathing. Check in with your body non-judgmentally prior to starting your breaths and after you have completed. What do you notice?
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP
One thought on “Friday, March 26”