Today is Friday, July 29, 2022. Whistling while walking. What a great walk!
A quote by Amy Poehler, “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.”
Photo by Dmitry Spravko
July is for sharing. The act of sharing offers many health benefits. When we give to others it has a positive effect on our brain. Sharing allows us to connect more meaningfully and strengthens social connections. Share a favorite place.
Make a date with a friend, family member, colleague, classmate and share your special place: a restaurant, park, café, library, farmer’s market, beach, river walk, hiking trail, alcove, place of worship, music hall, museum, building, ballpark, golf course, spa, studio, driving path, sanctuary, etc. So many wonderful places to discover and share.
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Choose a centering word that is neutral to you and simple. You might choose “now” or “one” or “peace.”
- As you exhale, say your chosen word. Focus on the vibration of the word as you hear it. Repeat.
- As you exhale and say your word, imagine dropping a smooth pebble in clear water and watch it settle gently on the bottom, relaxed and comfortable.
- Finally, as you continue your deep belly breaths, notice that the ripples on the water are gently gliding out. Repeat your word on every exhale until the ripples have settled
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP