Today is Friday, July 31, 2020. A beautiful day, watching the colors changing in the sky.
Inspiration: A Quote from Henry David Thoreau
“What you get by achieving your goal is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.”
Optional 31 Days to Experiencing the Joy of Movement – Established.
Goal: Walking for a minimum of 15 minutes (or more) daily which may extend life expectancy by 3 years. The objective was not to do the most difficult activity, but to move consistently and modify these activities as needed for your safety and your abilities*.
Achieved 31 Days to Experience the Joy of Movement. Month-end Reflection.
Congratulations to those who participated. At the end of your walk today, pause and smile to yourself to acknowledge your self-care. Look back at your journal and summarize your progress and what you have been measuring (time, distance, step counter, fitness tracker, etc.). Review your commitment to yourself for the next month.
Please feel free to share your experiences with us. Submit a picture from your walk to the Daily Gift of Vitality blog and/or connect with your walking partner. We’d love to hear from you.
Recharge yourself when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am resilient and growing every day during new challenges. I believe in the strength in me and the global community. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
The Mindfulness Activity to practice this week to create Calm Moments:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Visualize your healing breath.
- As you breathe in and feel your lungs inflate, visualize that flow of oxygen reach all parts of your body & revitalize all of your cells.
- As you breathe out, feel your body settle.
- With each breath, feel how you are recharging your body.
- Remember, you were designed to heal.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP
*Please confirm with your doctor which activities are appropriate for you.