Today is Friday, December 31, 2021. Enjoying quiet time this morning to reflect and dream.
A quote by Goran Persson, “Let our New Year’s resolution be this: we will be there for one another as fellow members of humanity, in the finest sense of the word.”
Photo by Moritz Knöringer
We close the year with December Delights. This December we focused on gifts of Love and Joy- to self and others.
Take a moment to reflect on the past year and write down everything you are proud of, happy about and satisfied with for the past year. Looking back at a calendar may help remind you of all the people, the events, the good stuff to include.
Next, write down notes about what you have learned this past year. Include some lessons learned from the mistakes, the unexpected events, or the tough times. Be kind to yourself as you reflect.
Finally, think about your dreams for the next year:
- Who do you want to be in your life? Why?
- What do you want to be a part of? Why?
- What can you do to move forward towards your dreams? Then break it down into smaller chunks: What can I do in the next month? What can I do in the next week? What can I do in the next day? What can I do now?
Review your list of the good stuff and continue to add to it as you remember more of the wonder of the past year.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Breathe in through your nose. Then, pause.
- Slowly, breathe out through your mouth…and pause.
- Repeat 3 times and with each breath out, release what you need from 2021 to start the next year fresh and renewed.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP