The Daily Gift of Vitality is a daily anchoring message that grew out of requests from proactive and innovative department leaders at Rush University Medical Center, who listened, observed and recognized a need to care for all persons connected to caring for others.
Vitality is defined by dictionary.com as 1. Exuberant physical strength or mental vigor; 2. Capacity for survival or for the continuation of a meaningful or purposeful existence; 3. Power to liver or grow. Vitality perfectly describes the gift we wish to give all, daily.
Key purpose of our daily messaging:
- To provide a single simple message to everyone everywhere allowing individuals to learn and practice simple self regulating actions daily for optimal health, function & recovery, daily.
- To provide a reliable daily anchor- keeping it simple, easy to learn and remember – and quick to apply.
- Message will maintain a standardized, dependable structure to allow it to be used as a “routine” to start a day, transition from work to home mindset or after reading/watching news/social media, or to end the day.
- The messaging is meant to be a “safe” space and deliberately avoids using terms that may be triggering and common in current communications (ie. COVID19, pandemic, outbreak).
- To establish an easy-to-implement way to keep people connected & cared for despite being physically in different spaces.