Today is Wednesday, December 7, 2022. Starting the day gazing out the window, smiling internally.
A quote by Jonathan Winters, “If your ship doesn’t come in, swim out to it! “
Photo by: Kym MacKinnon
December marks the end of another year. This is a time for reflection, appreciation, and grace. Reframe experiences to demonstrate grace towards yourself to simultaneously open the door to allow you to continue to move forward.
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities.
Establishing a regular practice of pausing makes it easier to reset when you need it the most. You can start your practice at any time, even now.
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Now reach up both arms, outstretched, raise your chin and breathe in fresh energy, smile and breathe out with a sigh, “ahhh…”
- Repeat 2 more times, then lower your arms and release your shoulders.
- Smile inside and carry your sense of calm with you.
Recharge yourself, tap into your strength and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. This is temporary. I have successfully handled difficult challenges in the past. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP