Today is Wednesday, March 24, 2021. There are 282 more days in 2021, in other words, 282 opportunities to be curious.
Finding meaning this March. March marks the one-year mark for the Daily Gift of Vitality (DGoV). This month, we explore and connect with what is meaningful. Weather changes motivate readjustments and resets. Let’s continue to focus this week on making meaningful connections.
Be curious about finding meaning through new experiences. Being curious allows us to observe fully and see things differently.
- Try a cuisine you have not experienced before.
- Explore new spices.
- Listen to a podcast on a new topic.
- Groove to a new genre of music.
- See something new. Sit quietly and really notice the nature you may “see” daily. It is always changing – the clouds moving in the sky, a sunrise or sunset, trees, a plant, the water, the wind, the dirt, the sand, etc.
Photo by: Jenna Beekhuis
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. We share our humaneness. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Walt Whitman: “Be curious, not judgmental.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to calm your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Be curious about the effects of Belly Breathing. Check in with your body non-judgmentally prior to starting your breaths and after you have completed. What do you notice?
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP
One thought on “Wednesday, March 24”