Today is Monday, March 22, 2021. Birds are returning; pause to hear the music they are sharing with us.
Finding meaning this March. March marks the one-year mark for the Daily Gift of Vitality (DGoV). This month, we explore and connect with what is meaningful. Weather changes motivate readjustments and resets. Let’s continue to focus this week on making meaningful connections.
Be curious about finding meaning through new experiences. Being curious allows us to observe fully and see things differently.
- If you are a master vegetable gardener, maybe try your hand at a shade garden.
- If you love pets, volunteer at your local animal shelter.
- If you want to add to a better future, connect with someone as a mentee, mentor or sponsor. Share your knowledge with someone through tutoring.
Photo by: Darryl Lee
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. We share our humaneness. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Albert Einstein: “I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to calm your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Be curious about the effects of Belly Breathing. Check in with your body non-judgmentally prior to starting your breaths and after you have completed. What do you notice?
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP