Today is Monday, March 8, 2021. Choosing a happy start to the week.
Finding meaning this March. March marks the one-year mark for the Daily Gift of Vitality (DGoV). This month, we explore and connect with what is meaningful. Weather changes motivate readjustments and resets. Let’s focus on movement.
- Which physical movements feel good?
- Putting aside barriers or limitations, what physical activities can you do?
- How often?
- How can you set yourself up so that you can increase the likelihood you will do those movements throughout this week? (workout music alarm clock, calendar reminders, sticky notes on TV screen, accountability friend, photo of loved one, socks and shoes by the door, chilled water bottle in the fridge, stand up desk, yoga mat next to workspace, etc.)
- How can you monitor progress? (mark (streaks) on calendar, bead in a jar, snap a photo, journal, create success milestones, etc.)
Photo by: Hybrid
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. We share our humaneness. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Nora Ishibashi, PhD, “Human beings, no matter where they live or what they think, want to be healthy and happy, and they want the people that they love to be healthy and happy.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to calm your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Begin walking or tapping your foot.
- Notice what your toes are feeling.
- Working up from your toes, notice all of the muscles involved in that movement.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP
One thought on “Monday, March 8”