Today is Monday, March 15, 2021. The day after Daylight Savings Time changes, is National Nap Day. It is an unofficial holiday that recognizes the need for extra sleep after we “spring” forward. In most of the U.S., that day is today.
Finding meaning this March. March marks the one-year mark for the Daily Gift of Vitality (DGoV). This month, we explore and connect with what is meaningful. Weather changes motivate readjustments and resets. Let’s continue to focus this week on making meaningful connections.
There are lots of connections we can make: connections with nature, connections with acquaintances connections with coworkers, connections with friends and family. Today, let’s consider ways we can connect with acquaintances on a daily basis.
- Ask someone how their day is going?
- Make eye contact.
- Pay someone a compliment.
- Actively listen.
- Smile 😉
- Hold a door open for someone.
- Say good morning.
Photo by: Johannes Giez
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. We share our humaneness. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Marianne Williamson, “You have to make space in your heart, in your mind, and in your life itself for authentic human connection.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to calm your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Purse your lips as you exhale your belly breath to help add some energy to your day.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP