Today is Monday, July 11, 2022. Sun, birds, water, breeze, sounds of laughter. Special moment.
A quote by Maya Angelou “A bird does not sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.”
Photo by: Chris Smith
July is for sharing. The act of sharing offers many health benefits. When we give to others it has a positive effect on our brain. Sharing allows us to connect more meaningfully and strengthens social connections. Share an experience or feeling with a close friend or loved one. Experience gratitude while tapping into the soothing nature of human connections.
- Draw, paint, or sculpt and gift it to a friend
- Create music to share
- Join with others to play music with shared meaning
- Dance with a loved one
- Write a story or message and share it with a trusted person
- Schedule a walk or date with a friend and talk together
- Be present and smile together
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Practice tapping into loving energies:
- Focus on channeling universal energies of love as you breathe in,
- Focus on channeling the love you generate to others as you breathe out.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP