Today is Wednesday, March 10, 2021. The sun feels warm as the brisk wind chills the skin.
Finding meaning this March. March marks the one-year mark for the Daily Gift of Vitality (DGoV). This month, we explore and connect with what is meaningful. Weather changes motivate readjustments and resets. Let’s continue to focus on movement, and add in connection.
- What physical activities are enjoyable to you and also connect you with loved ones, other people, pets, and/or nature? (walking, gardening, grooming, exercise class, preparing vegetables to share, outdoor exercise/sports, dancing, window shopping, exploring museum, volunteering, etc.)
- How do you allow physical activities and connection to be a regular part of life?
Photo by: Dan Deziel, “Apricity” (a word from the 1600s meaning “warmth of the sun in winter”)
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. We share our humaneness. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Vanda Scaravelli, “Movement is the song of the body.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to calm your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Begin walking or tapping your foot.
- Notice what your toes are feeling.
- Working up from your toes, notice all of the muscles involved in that movement.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP