Today is Friday, March 12, 2021. Accepting change. The water is flowing again. Observing the ducks.
Finding meaning this March. March marks the one-year mark for the Daily Gift of Vitality (DGoV). This month, we explore and connect with what is meaningful. Weather changes motivate readjustments and resets. Let’s continue to focus on movement.
- As the seasons change, consider how you might want to adapt your current physical activities and/or exercises, to maximize the new season.
- This may be a good time of year to make a plan to try something new or tweak the current routine. What would make it more fun? Or move you forward towards your goals (strength, endurance, speed, intensity, ability, etc.)? What would feel like progress?
- Write down what you plan.
Photo by: Gabriel Lamza
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. We share our humaneness. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by C.S. Lewis, “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream another dream.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to calm your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Begin walking or tapping your foot.
- Notice what your toes are feeling.
- Working up from your toes, notice all of the muscles involved in that movement.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP