Today is Friday, December 10, 2021. Enjoying a quiet moment to rest and reflect on the beauty of each day.
A quote from Carolyn V. Hamilton. “Documenting little details of your everyday life becomes a celebration of who you are.”
Photos by Dan Deziel, “Wisps” & “Purple Haze”
December Delights are here. This December let’s focus on gifts of Love and Joy- to yourself and others.
Begin or return to your journal.
- When you start, let go of judgements. Write what you really feel. Don’t worry about spelling or grammar.
- A journal does not have to contain written words, perhaps you prefer to draw or doodle, cut out pictures from a magazine, or clip articles from the newspaper.
- Schedule journaling time into your day.
- If you typically write in your bed or office, try to write outside or in the kitchen.
- Keep a list of journal prompts in your journal to turn to when you are not sure what to write about
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Lean and rest your head towards the right shoulder and hold for a count of 3. Feel the gentle stretch. Then, repeat on the left side. Feel a gentle stretch.
- Bring your chin to your chest and look down. Hold for a count of 3. Feel the gentle stretch.
- Lace your fingers behind your lower back and gently lift your chin and look up. Hold for a count of 3. Feel the gentle stretch and then return to neutral & roll the shoulders back and down. Smile.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner strength, I can absorb and magnify the love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP