Today is Wednesday, December 22, 2021. The soothing fragrance while sipping tea is calming as the day begins.
A quote by Sen Joo, “The tea session is modeled after the silence of retreat; a time to enjoy life far removed from daily existence.”
Photo by: Susan Chubinskaya, PhD, in Paris
December Delights is here. This December let’s focus on gifts of Love and Joy- to yourself and others.
Have fun and try something new with Tea:
- Use tea leaves as a secret ingredient mixed into a homemade dry rub for cooking or use in a marinade.
- Host a virtual Tea Party complete with games.
- Soak in a tub with 3 teaspoons of tea leaves.
- Relax for 10 minutes with warm moist teabags on closed eyes to reduce puffiness.
- Use fragrant dry tea bags as drawer sachets and place in your dresser drawer.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- As you continue to Belly breath, do the 5 senses exercise:
- Notice 5 things you can see.
- Notice 4 things you can feel.
- Notice 3 things you can hear.
- Notice 2 things you can smell.
- Notice 1 thing you can taste.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP