Today is Monday, December 20, 2021. Appreciating the beauty and light from December’s Cold Moon (full moon).
A quote by Angie Weiland-Crosby. “As the full moon finds its place in the darkest skies, Love will uplift despair.”
Photo by: Kym MacKinnon
December Delights is here. This December let’s focus on gifts of Love and Joy- to yourself and others.
Start a new hobby or return to a favorite hobby.
- Baking or cooking
- Playing a musical instrument
- Jigsaw puzzles
- Crossword puzzles
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- As you continue to Belly breath, do the 5 senses exercise:
- Notice 5 things you can see.
- Notice 4 things you can feel.
- Notice 3 things you can hear.
- Notice 2 things you can smell.
- Notice 1 thing you can taste.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP