Today is Friday, December 24, 2021. Excitement is in the air as the weekend approaches.
A quote by Lao Tzu, “Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates Love.”
Photo by Susan Chubinskaya, PhD
December Delights is here. This December let’s focus on gifts of Love and Joy- to yourself and others.
Find ways to give to others.
- Reach out and spend time with someone who may otherwise be alone and lonely either living alone, new to the area, or living away from family and friends.
- Volunteer to help a neighbor or a community in any way that you can.
- Offer to mentor someone who could benefit from your experiences.
- Notice and be generous with authentic compliments.
- Buy something for someone else, a simple cup of coffee counts.
- Donate toys, clothes, books, time, skills, and/or money to a charity.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- As you continue to Belly breath, do the 5 senses exercise:
- Notice 5 things you can see.
- Notice 4 things you can feel.
- Notice 3 things you can hear.
- Notice 2 things you can smell.
- Notice 1 thing you can taste.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP