Today is Friday, December 17, 2021. Warm days are so appreciated in the midst of a cool season. Feels so good.
A quote by Desmond Tutu. “We are each made for goodness, love and compassion. Our lives are transformed as much as the world is when we live these truths.”
Photo by: Nicole Siparsky, MD. “Joshua Tree”
December Delights is here. This December let’s focus on gifts of Love and Joy- to yourself and others.
- Warm others with your kind thoughts and acknowledgement.
- Smile to the person helping you check out at the register.
- Tell a customer service representative, how much you appreciate their help.
- Remind coworkers why you enjoy working together.
- Send a cheerful greeting to far-away family and friends.
- Spontaneously contribute to a charitable cause.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- For a quieting meditation before sleep, include Box breathing.
- Continuing to Belly breath, inhale for the count of 4; hold your breath for the count of 4.
- Then, exhale for the count of 4; and again, hold your breath for a count of 4.
- Continue to repeat this pattern at least 4 times or until you are feeling more relaxed and ready for sleep.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP