Today is Wednesday, January 12, 2022. Midweek, getting in the groove.
A quote by astronaut Chris Hadfield, “Life is full of so many small, unexpected pleasures, not just in space but right here on Earth, and I think I see them more clearly now than I used to because microgravity insists you pay attention.”
Photo by: Nicole Siparsky, MD, Boats off the coast of St. Martin at Sunset
With the launch of the New Year, for the month of January, we focus on clarifying and connecting with our vision for 2022.
A vision that shows you the future you want, can recharge your hope and excitement when you tap into it. It can provide you with encouragement to achieve goals, offer something to cling to when you experience fear, and provide a sense of pride when you see your vision manifest. This month, we enhance our vision for our personal life and our relationships.
Let’s spend this week reflecting on our vision of health for 2022. Ask yourself:
- What or who causes me to laugh out loud?
- What or who makes me feel great about myself?
- What or who is so special and holds a special place in my heart?
- What or who do I appreciate?
- What or who adds positivity in the world?
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Massage your left hand starting with your palms, then work your way to the ends of each finger.
- Massage your right hand the same way.
- Clasp your hands together, then release and shake out your hands and let your hands be loose.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP