Today is Monday, December 13, 2021. Appreciating restorative rest feeling ready to embrace another opportunity to be AWESOME!
A quote from Thomas Dekker. “Sleep is that golden chain that ties health and our bodies together.”
Photo by: Robson Hatsukami Morgan
December Delights is here. This December, let’s focus on gifts of Love and Joy- to yourself and others.
Prioritizing sleep to boost our mood and health.
- Create a sleep routine or try a new routine.
- Prioritize your sleep by scheduling at least 7-8 hours of time for sleep.
- Keep your phone out of your bedroom.
- Stop using electronics at least one hour before bed.
- Journal your daily reflections and visualize your dream future.
- Take a warm bath.
- Practice meditation before bed.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- For a quieting meditation before sleep, include Box breathing.
- Continuing to Belly breath, inhale for the count of 4; hold your breath for the count of 4.
- Then, exhale for the count of 4; and again, hold your breath for a count of 4.
- Continue to repeat this pattern at least 4 times or until you are feeling more relaxed and ready for sleep.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP