Today is Wednesday, December 15, 2021. They say no two snowflakes are alike, yet they share so much in common.
A quote from William Shakespeare. “The earth has music for those who listen.”
Photo by: Denys Nevozhai
December Delights is back. This December let’s focus on gifts of Love and Joy- to yourself and others.
- Give yourself the gift of Nature.
- Go for a walk on a new trail or route
- Add plants to your home.
- Star gaze.
- Go outside and listen.
- Bird watch.
- Visit a hot spring.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- For a quieting meditation before sleep, include Box breathing.
- Continuing to Belly breath, inhale for the count of 4; hold your breath for the count of 4.
- Then, exhale for the count of 4; and again, hold your breath for a count of 4.
- Continue to repeat this pattern at least 4 times or until you are feeling more relaxed and ready for sleep.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP