Today is Friday, July 15, 2022. Noticing all the beautiful gardens, feeling connected to the earth.
A quote by Archbishop Desmond Tutu. “The fundamental law of human beings is interdependence. A person is a person through other persons.”
Photo by: Fran Lee
July is for sharing. The act of sharing offers many health benefits. When we give to others it has a positive effect on our brain. Sharing allows us to connect more meaningfully and strengthens social connections. Share your time with your community.
- Organize a park clean up
- Donate books to a library
- Donate your time or volunteer with a community organization
- Walk a neighbor’s dog for them
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Practice tapping into loving energies:
- Focus on channeling universal energies of love as you breathe in,
- Focus on channeling the love you generate to others as you breathe out.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP