Today is Monday, November 21, 2022. Receiving joy from new experiences.
A quote by Mandy Hale. “To make a difference in someone’s life you don’t have to be brilliant, rich, beautiful, or perfect. You just have to care.”
Photo in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico, by Amy Laude, MD
November is the month of Gratitude. Expressing gratitude can help us feel more positive emotions. Consider sharing yourself with others from a place of gratitude:
- Share joy maybe with a smile or a funny story
- Share your time and talents by volunteering or mentoring with your favorite organization
- Shovel your neighbor’s snow
- Pick up some groceries for an elderly neighbor or a single parent
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities.
Establishing a regular practice of pausing makes it easier to reset when you need it the most. You can start your practice at any time, even now.
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Look up to the sky.
- Let your mind relax into the awareness of the infinite open space.
- If you wish, release your worries into the vast openness of the universe.
Recharge yourself, tap into your strength and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. This is temporary. I have successfully handled difficult challenges in the past. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP