Today is Friday, July 22, 2022. Finishing the week with a smile.
A quote by Zain Hashmi, “Happiness comes from helping others, by being with others, and by sharing, even if it’s only a smile.”
Photo by: Canetti
July is for sharing. The act of sharing offers many health benefits. When we give to others it has a positive effect on our brain. Sharing allows us to connect more meaningfully and strengthens social connections. Share joy:-) Examples:
- Tell someone your favorite joke
- Share a smile
- Offer someone your full attention
- Send someone a handwritten letter
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Breathe in peace and joy as your belly rises.
- Breathe out the unwanted feelings as your stomach releases.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP