Today is Wednesday, July 13, 2022. The warmth of the summer, brings new energy to many.
A quote by Cesar Chavez “The people who give you their food, give you their heart.”
Photo by: Alex Raths
July is for sharing. The act of sharing offers many health benefits. When we give to others it has a positive effect on our brain. Sharing allows us to connect more meaningfully and strengthens social connections. Look for ways you can share healthy activities with others.
- Join or organize a community walking group
- Join or organize a healthy pot luck lunch at work
- Commit to making more meals at home to share with family or friends
- Volunteer at a Community Garden
- Donate to a food pantry
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Practice tapping into loving energies:
- Focus on channeling universal energies of love as you breathe in.
- Focus on channeling the love you generate to others as you breathe out.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP