Today is Friday, July 8, 2022. Noticing each step going from here to there.
A quote by Rose Kennedy, “Life isn’t a matter of milestones, but of moments.”
Photo by: Lisa Bourgeault
July is for sharing. The act of sharing offers many health benefits. When we give to others it has a positive effect on our brain. Sharing allows us to connect more meaningfully and strengthens social connections. Look for ways people in different parts of the world recharge and share their lands and geography.
- Attending a fish boil in a lakeside town
- Picking blueberries to share
- Picnicking along the river or in a park
- Camping in the woods or mountains
- Sailing or surfing in the water
- Hiking along a scenic trail
- Soaking in a hot spring
- Farm to table dining together
- Planting a garden or tree
- Capturing the scenery with photos, drawings or paintings
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Practice Physical grounding
- When you are sitting in your chair take a few seconds to feel your feet on the ground, feel your buttocks on the seat, feel your back against the chair.
- As your feet are grounded, with each deep belly breathe out, allow your shoulders to release and loosen.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP