Today is Wednesday, July 20, 2022. Spent last night, watching the fireflies sparkle in the evening sky. The sparkle still lingers.
A quote by Andrew Matthews, “Always speak well of yourself and consistently visualize your life working out as you want it.”
Photo by: tomertu
July is for sharing. The act of sharing offers many health benefits. When we give to others it has a positive effect on our brain. Sharing allows us to connect more meaningfully and strengthens social connections. Sharing your dreams and visions with others offers a chance to make the vision more believable to you, helps you clarify your vision, and build feelings of support for your vision.
- Be open with friends, family, and colleagues about some or all of your vision
- Host a party with the theme based on your vision
- Journal about your vision
- Visualize your vision in action
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Breathe in peace and joy as your belly rises.
- Breathe out the unwanted feelings as your stomach releases.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP