Today is Monday, July 18, 2022. Energized for a great day.
A quote by Albert Einstein, “Art is standing with one hand extended into the universe and one hand extended into the world, and letting ourselves be a conduit for passing energy.”
Photo by: Clément Rémond
July is for sharing. The act of sharing offers many health benefits. When we give to others it has a positive effect on our brain. Sharing allows us to connect more meaningfully and strengthens social connections. Share different perspectives and experiences of similar activities. Examples:
- Join or establish a book club and read the same book and then talk about it together.
- Walk through an art exhibit with a friend and discuss the various pieces or share the back stories behind the pieces.
- Attend a musical or performing art show and get together after to talk about what you experienced.
- Take a course with others and share what you are learning.
- Participate in a meditation retreat with others.
- Engage in an exercise class or play sports with
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Breathe in peace and joy as your belly rises.
- Breathe out the unwanted feelings as your stomach releases.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP