Today is Monday, July 25, 2022. A joke to start the week: Why did the magicians in class get the best mark on their test on Monday? –>They got all the trick questions right 🙂
A quote by Edmond Hillary. “Good planning is important. I’ve also regarded a sense of humor as one of the most important things on a big expedition. When you’re in a difficult or dangerous situation, or when your depressed about the chances of success, someone who can make you laugh eases the tension.”
Photo by Dan Deziel, “Rain Circles”
July is for sharing. The act of sharing offers many health benefits. When we give to others it has a positive effect on our brain. Sharing allows us to connect more meaningfully and strengthens social connections. Share laughter. Laughter and humor can improve pain, sleep, and our health
- Invite friends over for a funny movie marathon
- Invite friends over for a game night
- Share your favorite joke or funny story
- Google search your favorite animal video
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Choose a centering word that is neutral to you and simple. You might choose “now” or “one” or “peace.”
- As you exhale, say your chosen word. Focus on the vibration of the word as you hear it. Repeat.
- As you exhale and say your word, imagine dropping a smooth pebble in clear water and watch it settle gently on the bottom, relaxed and comfortable.
- Finally, as you continue your deep belly breaths, notice that the ripples on the water are gently gliding out. Repeat your word on every exhale until the ripples have settled.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP