Today is Wednesday, January 26, 2022. Wondering how the squirrels can climb trees in the winter.
A quote by a John Muir, “Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.”
Photo courtesy of Susan Chubinskaya, PhD
The New Year is launched. Hello, 2022! Continuing to refine and connect with the vision to light the path. This month is about what we want in our personal life and our relationships.
Write down your clear, or developing, vision for 2022. Write or draw as much of it as you can envision. Write down why that is important to you. Ask yourself at least 5 more times, “And why is that important to me?” Finally, combine the vision and the most meaningful answer you came up with. Read it out loud and let it percolate in your mind. Whenever you are unsettled or uncertain, return to your vision and meaningful “why,” repeat it to yourself and be anchored and reconnected with your vision.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Inhale as you reach your arms overhead high and stretch up.
- Exhale as you hinge at the hips with soft knees and let the arms dangle down, releasing the neck.
- Continue breathing as you slowly curl back up until upright and roll the shoulders back and smile.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP