Today is Friday, October 1, 2021. Embracing moments of recharge and focusing on appreciating the start of a new month.
A quote from Christine Caine, “Sometimes when you’re in a dark place you think you have been buried, but you’ve actually been planted.”
Photo by: Vladimir Fedotov
This October, the focus is on the integration of life experiences, staying equally connected to optimism, as to any other belief or attitude.
Optimism can be defined as cheerfulness or hopefulness about the future. Allowing time for optimism creates balance.
- Engage with individuals who see the world through lenses of optimism.
- Imagine and focus on the potential positives in the future.
- Make a list of everything you can look forward to in the future.
- Spend time with a giggling child, uplifting friend or cheerful animal.
- Contribute to a worthy cause knowing you can make a difference.
- Plant some beautiful bulbs or flowering trees that may bloom in the spring.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- As you remain anchored to your breath, use your senses for a gratitude practice
- Bring your mind to a sight you are grateful for.
- Next, bring your mind to a scent you appreciate.
- Now, think about sounds.
- Move on to textures that soothe you.
- Continue to stay anchored to your breath and smile with gratitude.
*Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to new ideas and change. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP