Today is Wednesday, May 12, 2021. Walking along the pond, noticing the ducks go with the flow. They are so present.
During the month of May, we are focusing on routines. Routines can anchor us, decrease stress, foster creativity, prioritize self-care, and allow time to pursue our passions! This week we will look at before bed routines.
Get a head start for the next day:
- Prepare your “To Do” list for tomorrow and include what you are most looking forward to.
- Do some of your typical morning chores the day before: organize your lunch, set out your clothes.
- Pack your school or work bag.
- Visualize a successful day.
Photo by: Nathan Anderson
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
An Irish Proverb. “A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Wherever you are, pause, and notice everything that you are hearing: laughter, birds, cars, music….
- Take another deep breath and continue on.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP