Today is Wednesday, January 27, 2021. Walking outside during sunrise, bundled, and generating warmth, a peaceful moment.
An inspirational quote by Anna Sewell, “It is good people who make good places.”
The Joy of January. This is a symbolic month to launch the new year to lay the foundation for a brighter future.
Midweek is a good time to check in and see how you are doing. Choose at least one day a week and pause to self reflect with: How am I doing? How is my energy? What has influenced me? What can I do to make it better? To establish this self reflection habit, consider setting a calendar reminder at least once a week.
Photo by Dr. Susan Chubinskaya
Use this Mindfulness Activity to calm your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Now, after a deep belly breath, breathe out with a gentle mouth generating a deep vibration saying, “aah” …
- Take another deep belly breath and breathe out humming “mmm” with a deep vibration.
- Finally, take another deep belly breath and let out all the air in your lungs with a releasing sigh.
- Shimmy your shoulders and shake out your arms. Smile.
Recharge yourself and spread love when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can. I am aware of myself and others, and I belong to a global community. I love myself and others because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people. We are all connected. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP