Today is Wednesday, January 27, 2021. Walking outside during sunrise, bundled, and generating warmth, a peaceful moment.
An inspirational quote by Anna Sewell, “It is good people who make good places.”
The Joy of January. This is a symbolic month to launch the new year to lay the foundation for a brighter future.
Midweek is a good time to check in and see how you are doing. Choose at least one day a week and pause to self reflect with: How am I doing? How is my energy? What has influenced me? What can I do to make it better? To establish this self reflection habit, consider setting a calendar reminder at least once a week.
Photo by Dr. Susan Chubinskaya
Use this Mindfulness Activity to calm your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Now, after a deep belly breath, breathe out with a gentle mouth generating a deep vibration saying, “aah” …
- Take another deep belly breath and breathe out humming “mmm” with a deep vibration.
- Finally, take another deep belly breath and let out all the air in your lungs with a releasing sigh.
- Shimmy your shoulders and shake out your arms. Smile.
Recharge yourself and spread love when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can. I am aware of myself and others, and I belong to a global community. I love myself and others because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people. We are all connected. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP