Today is Wednesday, January 6, 2021. Days getting longer, enjoying classical music, chilly air and a steaming beverage. Smiling peacefully.
An inspirational quote by Marie Curie, “Each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity.”
The Joy of January. This is a symbolic month to launch a new year to lay the foundation for a brighter future.
Pause in the middle of the week and check in with yourself. How are you doing?
Find something(s) that inspire you and remind you of the why behind your goals, dreams and aspirations. It might be a photo, postcard, some favorite quotes, a story, a souvenir, a memento, a book, or piece of art. Place them where you will see them and be inspired regularly.
Photo by Dr. Jose Velasco, “Morning Sunrise!”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to calm your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Breathe in Energy & Generate vibrations.
- Take a deep breath in, feeling your lungs expand.
- When you breath out, smile and hum loudly. Feel the vibrations in your neck.
- Repeat 2 times and notice those vibrations rippling outward. Smile to yourself.
Recharge yourself and spread love when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can. I am aware of myself and others, and I belong to a global community. I love myself and others because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people. We are all connected. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP