Today is Monday, August 30, 2021. Smiling at the start of the day for another opportunity to foster connections.
This August, the focus has been on building and strengthening connections to lower stress and contribute to longevity.
For this last post of August, let’s reflect on all the connections we have and the connections we would like to cultivate.
You can use these journal prompts to assist in reflection:
- My mind and body feel nourished when…
- I would like the opportunity to explore….
- The three things that brought me joy today are…
- When I showed myself compassion, I noticed…
Photo by: Nils Rasmusson
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote from Henry David Thoreau, “I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- With each breath cycle, connect with your kind heart and set your intention to be kind to yourself.
- Periodically, during your day pause take 3 belly breaths and connect to your intention.
- Smile inwardly to yourself.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP