Today is Wednesday, September 1, 2021. Feeling grateful for the smiling eyes and warm greetings.
A quote from Maya Angelou, “If you can’t change it, change your attitude.”
For many, September highlights the transitions of seasons and focus. It is clear so much has changed and yet, some things are still the same. Most of us are likely experiencing transitions currently.
Embracing transitions with curiosity opens the door to the possibility that we can find strength and joy from transitions. We will explore how we can navigate transitions.
To begin, cultivate Self-awareness. Create a safe space to reflect and note your answer to 3 questions for yourself. You may want to journal, record, even share this activity with a trusted person.
- What changes or transitions are you currently experiencing and how does each one affect you physically and emotionally?
- Who, what helps and makes it easier?
- What positive results can come out of these transitions and how can you find it and amplify it?
Photo by: Suzanne D. Williams
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom I am open to new ideas and change. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together we can do great things.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- With each breath cycle, connect with your kind heart and set your intention to be kind to yourself.
- Periodically, during your day pause take 3 belly breaths and connect to your intention.
- Smile inwardly to yourself.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP