Today is Wednesday, August 4, 2021. Appreciating peace and tranquility during quiet moments.
This August we will focus on building and strengthening connections. Making connections can lower stress and contribute to longevity. This first week of August we will explore connecting to peace. Today, we will look at connecting to our own inner peace.
- Visualize your Happy Place.
- Create a joy list.
- Show gratitude for what is or maybe is not happening.
- Practice acceptance—”This is where I am at right now, this is hard for me, I wish it could be different, but I am OK.”
Photo by: Jeff Finley
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Rumi, “When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Repeat positive affirmations throughout your day, while smiling to
- My mind is peaceful.
- I choose to act and react peacefully.
- I illuminate peace around me.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP