Today is Friday, August 27, 2021. While taking a walk, watching the variety of ways the animals commune and recharge.
This August, the focus has been on building and strengthening connections to lower stress and contribute to longevity.
For this last week of August, the focus has been on connecting to Nature. Being in nature can awaken happiness and peace. Being in nature can lower cortisol levels and reduce stress.
Today, and this weekend, let’s explore ways to exercise in nature.
- Recharge your walking route.
- Practice yoga.
- Stretching routine.
- Dance solo or with others.
- Bike a pretty trail.
- Gardening, weeding, picking fruit.
- Running outdoors.
- Playing outdoor sports.
Photo by: Gene Devine
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote from Albert Einstein, “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Exhale out the past as you hum “om”.
- Inhale in the future and feel your body refresh.
- Repeat 3 times and smile.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP