Today is Monday, August 16, 2021. This is post #301. Reflecting on ways to create safe space and generate positive energy. Throughout the day, intending to observe and embrace the love and kindness all around.
This August we focus on building and strengthening connections. Making connections can lower stress and contribute to longevity. For this third week of August, we will focus on connecting to LOVE, after all, “Love is all around us.”
Today the focus is on Self Love. Taking time to recharge gives you the energy you need to do the next thing, and to be able to support others.
- Clear your calendar for some “me time.”
- Make yourself your favorite health promoting meal.
- Establish a sleep routine.
- Spend some time in nature.
- Soak in soothing water.
Photo by Aleza van der Werff
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote from Venus Williams “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does—that makes you a winner right there.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- While you continue to Belly breath practice a Loving Kindness meditation and repeat
- “May I be happy.”
- “May I be healthy.”
- “May I live with ease.”
- “And may these be true for other too.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP