Today is Friday, August 13, 2021. Singing in the shower this morning, embracing the day.
This August we will focus on building and strengthening connections. Making connections can lower stress and contribute to longevity. This second week of August we will explore connecting to JOY. Even in the most difficult situations we can turn to joy.
This week let’s explore letting go of what is not serving us and welcome joy into our life. Being present, spending time together with another being can help us connect with JOY.
- Let yourself engage in a child’s wonder and joy by letting a child show you what they are playing with, reading or interested in.
- Appreciate the pure enjoyment your pet experiences while hanging out with you.
- Take time for a date with a friend or loved one and turn off the electronics.
- Grab a basketball, soccer ball or racket and play with a friend.
Photo by Susan Chubinskaya
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote from Jean Piaget, “Play is the answer to how anything new comes about.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Start your day with one positive thought, end your day reflecting on what went well for you today.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP