Today is Wednesday, August 18, 2021. Appreciating the animals playing and enjoying each other’s company.
This August, we focus on building and strengthening connections. Making connections can lower stress and contribute to longevity. For this third week of August, we focus on connecting to LOVE, after all, “Love is all around us.”
Today the focus is on connecting to the love of friends. Friends enhance our life and improve our health.
- Call a friend to go for a walk.
- Invite a friend to have a picnic.
- Send an old friend a note and let them know what their friendship means to you.
- Share a few minutes talking with a friend.
- Gather with friends for music outdoors.
Photo by Pascal Muller
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote from Kirstin Armstrong, “The best thing to do when you find yourself in a hurting or vulnerable place is to surround yourself with the strongest, finest, most positive people you know.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- While you continue to Belly breath, practice a Loving Kindness meditation and repeat:
- “May I be happy.”
- “May I be healthy.”
- “May I live with ease.”
- “And may these be true for other too.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP