Today is Wednesday, June 30, 2021. Walking with friends or loved ones creates an opportunity for beautiful memories.
Try something new in June. Explore new art forms. Artistic expression may relieve stress and foster imagination and a sense of accomplishment.
- Try a coloring book.
- Learn a musical instrument: harmonica, recorder, guitar, drums, tambourine.
- Take a dance class or have a dance party.
- Recite or write poetry.
- Take pictures of nature with your phone.
Photo by: Alexandra Hillary
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Pablo Picasso “Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Take a break during your day to caress your hands.
- Close your eyes or lower your gaze.
- With your right index finger gently trace your fingers on the left hand, repeat for the right hand with left index finger.
- Focus on the gentle sensation of touch.
- Take 3 belly breaths and smile for the calming break.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP