Today is Wednesday, June 9, 2021. Walking through the neighborhood enjoying the smells of spring-summer: fresh cut grass, flowers in bloom, the freshly watered garden.
Try something new in June. Visit a new neighborhood.
- Explore the park.
- Check out a small local grocery store.
- Appreciate the local art scene.
- Dine outside at a new restaurant.
Photo by Fran Lee
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Akash Ryan Agarwal, “Try new things every day. Don’t be afraid of failures. You will not lose anything. But your brain will be packed with experiences.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Take 3 minutes to check in with your body:
- In the first minute ask how am I doing now—am I stressed, am I angry, am I peaceful?
- In the second minute focus on breathing.
- In the third minute focus on feeling the way breathing affects your body.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP