Today is Friday, June 18, 2021. Children playing with each other, enjoying the outdoors.
Try something new in June. Indulge in a new plant. Add a new plant to your surroundings:
- Place a new, beautiful potted indoor or outdoor plant someplace you can see it frequently.
- Plant a new tree, shrub, or flowers in the yard.
- Add ornamental grasses to your garden.
- Peruse the garden shop or catalog for a new herb and find a recipe to try.
- Grow lettuce and have fresh greens with your meal.
- Buy colorful flowers for a busy room in your house.
- Trade cuttings of plants or split and share plants with friends or neighbors.
- Bring home a fragrant plant for daily aromatherapy.
Photo by Fran Lee
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Janet Kilburn Phillips. “There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Try a mountain meditation.
- Find a comfortable seated or standing position, take 3 belly breaths.
- Allowing your body to be still visualize a beautiful mountain.
- Bring your awareness to the mountain’s strength, beauty, stillness.
- Use the strength and beauty of the mountain to recharge you.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP