Today is Monday, June 28, 2021. As the summer rains fall, our gardens flourish.
Try something new in June. Refresh your clothing style. Changing your personal style can add energy and confidence to your day.
- Try to wear a different color palette.
- Try a different style of clothes, try a dress instead of pants, or a polo instead of a button-down shirt.
- Add a: scarf, belt, or different jewelry, watch
- Host a clothing swap with friends or coworkers.
- Next time you get a haircut, try a different hair style or color
Photo by: Tomasz Maka
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Duke Ellington, “A problem is a chance for you to do your best.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Take a break during your day to caress your hands.
- Close your eyes or lower your gaze.
- With your right index finger gently trace your fingers on the left hand, repeat for the right hand with left index finger.
- Focus on the gentle sensation of touch.
- Take 3 belly breaths and smile for the calming break.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP