Today is Monday, June 7, 2021. Sitting quietly listening to the music of the birds and leaves moving with the wind.
Try something new in June. Experience a break from social media and news media. Instead, use the time to:
- Write a letter to a friend or someone you would like to reconnect with.
- Read a book in a different genre- maybe read a historical fiction book, a mystery, love story.
- Update your aspirations and goals.
- Try a new physical activity routine.
- Practice meditation.
- Add to your gratitude journal.
- Color, draw, paint.
Photo by Lenin Estrada
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Bhavya Choudhary. “Try new things and discover yourself every single day.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Take 3 minutes to check in with your body:
- In the first minute ask how am I doing now—am I stressed, am I angry, am I peaceful?
- In the second minute focus on breathing.
- In the third minute focus on feeling the way breathing affects your body.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP