Today is Friday, June 11, 2021. Walking with a friend, appreciating the companionship.
Try something new in June. Give yourself a cheerful boost by rearranging a space at work or in your home.
- Place fresh flowers or a small potted plant on a table.
- Place an inspirational quote or favorite postcard in an easily visible location.
- Change the colors or theme of a room.
- Organize and clear that papers on top of the table, counter, or desk.
- Add new framed photos of people you love.
- Get colorful folders, notepads, pens to add to the fun of a work day.
Photo by Kerin Gedge
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Hellen Keller, “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Take 3 minutes to check in with your body:
- In the first minute ask how am I doing now—am I stressed, am I angry, am I peaceful?
- In the second minute focus on breathing.
- In the third minute focus on feeling the way breathing affects your body.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP